Thursday, May 19, 2011

Last prayer group

We pushed the patio table closer to the lilac bush, so that the strong old fashioned scent of lilacs would drift our way as we drank tea and fellowshiped. Yesterday was our last prayer group for this season, and we had an intimate time of fellowship as each of us shared about answered prayers and ways that God has changed our life and our walk this year.
This preayer group is too personal to me to reduce to it figures of souls saved and candidates for baptism, although we have had more than one over the course of  these past nine months. God had done more for this group than I could have dreamed or imagined. I have been humbled by the way He has blessed me and taught me through such a unique combinations of ladies. To see these ladies accept Christ as their Savior, and help assist them with their first steps in their Christain lives has been amazing. It was hard to say goodbye to everyone. Of course we'll see each other on Sunday and in the weeks to come, but this group bonded in a special way and I will miss the weekly prayer and encouragement I recieved from these gals. And I will thank the Lord daily for allowing me to be apart of this incredible work.

No comments:

Post a Comment