Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Above and beyond

We ask God to bless  us and our ministry. We pray that His will be done in our lives. We surrender ourselves to wherever, whenever, how ever, He may lead. And we step out in faith despite all of the Apostle Peter's warnings concerning trials and suffering. For me, last year was a year of trail and suffering. There are places on my heart, that only the Lord know about,( I got a beat a little bit in spiritual battle last year). It was painful, most of the wombs have healed, all that's left are scars, I can press on them, but they don't hurt anymore. Other wombs have been slower to heal, He is still treating them. When you wounded and bleeding, it hard to give thanks, or to have prespective. You know the theologically correct answers to your questions, but they don't seem to make your reality.
Anyway, today I see things more clearly than I did a year ago. I have bit more perspective on my past suffering. I'm even to the point of thanking Him for some of the trails. My Father has brought me to a new place in ministry that I never imagined. Actually I did imagine it many times, but never really believed it would be possible.

I wish you could sit in on one our ladies prayer groups, because I can't convey to you what's happening there. It's something beyond me and my comprehension. God is among us. God is at work in this small group. Today once again we had ladies coming and praying for their husbands's salvation,( although some of them haven't even made public professions of faith themselves).  Some of these ladies are dealing with incredible pain and betrayal by their husbands.  Many are dealing with problems I have never had to encounter. But they're in pain, and I know what pain is. They're so desparate that  they are holding on to God with all their might, they've decided to not let go until they get an answer. I've been there. It's different when you've been there, you pray differently.
 I don't know what the Lord has in store for this group. He is already taking us places we hadn't planned to go and giving us opprotunities we didn't even realize were there. Pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment